Considering inventory management technology? 5 ways to build your case
Tuesday, January 26, 2016 | 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST
Each year there is significant waste in the hospital supply chain as well as constant pressure to reduce spend. Procedural areas annually face more than $5 billion* in waste related to high-cost medical devices.Through automation, hospitals are eliminating ineffective labor processes and enabling clinicians to focus on the patient, not supply chain tasks. Better point-of-use stations make it easier to record usage information at the point of care, capturing accurate charges for billing and clinical documentation to maximize revenue. Analytics are utilized to uncover trends, save time, support informed decision-making, better manage recalled products and enable negotiations for greater savings.
You know you can benefit from automated inventory management, but can you convince your organization? Do your stakeholders understand the value and saving opportunities? Learn 5 simple tips to gain organizational buy-in and get your facility on track to start saving in the new year.
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to achieve support and buy-in from key stakeholders
- Identify common challenges with managing inventory including physician preference items (PPI), charge capture and procedure card management
- Understand alternative and cost effective ways to manage inventory
- Articulate the benefits of automated inventory management
- Estimate the projected return on investment an automated system can provide
*PNC Healthcare; GHX quantitative research study (August 2011)