How Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University Hospital applied a data driven approach to nurse staffing
Thursday, May 6th, 2021 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
Nurse scheduling is a critical component of ensuring patient safety and financial stewardship at oncology infusion centers. Common challenges directly related to nurse schedules include extended patient wait times, inefficient chair utilization and excessive overtime due to missed lunches and nurses staying late.
By harnessing data on patient appointment times to inform the ideal nurse schedule needed to meet patient demand, centers can unlock significant operational and financial improvements. These changes also lead to an improved experience for patients in the form of shorter wait times and better staff satisfaction.
Join this webinar to learn how Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University Hospital applied predictive analytics and machine learning to EHR data to:
- Create schedules that flatten chair utilization throughout the day
- Optimize nurse scheduling to meet patient flow needs
- Optimized Nurse scheduling to meet patient flow needs
- Achieve significant financial and operational improvements
- Improve experience for patient and staff