An epidemic and a pandemic: The rise of substance use disorder in the wake of COVID-19
Before COVID-19, the opioid epidemic was the nation's most consequential public health threat. The pandemic has magnified the impact of the opioid crisis on communities as unemployment, homelessness and behavioral health disorder rates soar.
Learn how eight organizations across the country have used technology and collaboration to achieve the following:
- 61 percent reduction in opioid prescriptions
- 32 percent reduction in opioid deaths
- 50 percent decrease in emergency department visits for patients with high utilization patterns
- $34 million in cost savings
This downloadable whitepaper will cover:
- Four proven strategies for addressing the opioid epidemic on an organizational and community level
- Statewide efforts to reduce opioid prescribing and use, including implementation of seven best practices for prescription opioids
- How collaboration helped achieve measurable results outside opioids — including decreased ED visits and significant cost savings
Please fill out the form to download the whitepaper.