Are 70% of Your Patients Clinically Eligible for TJR in ASC?
Thursday, August 13th, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM CT
Join Chris Bishop, CEO of Regent Surgical Health, as he talks to Oregon Surgical Institute surgeon partners Dr. Jim Ballard and Dr. Chris Nanson about lessons learned moving total joint procedures to the ASC setting. With several 1,000’s of successful outpatient TJRs, they share insights around patient selection, outcomes, anesthesia, and aligning all care givers in the clinical pathway to aid your practice in shifting 70% of your TJR care to the ASC setting.
Discussion points include:
- How COVID-19 expands the inclusion criteria for eligible patients in an ASC setting
- How to build consensus around care pathways and refine clinical protocols to allow for outpatient TJR
- How do you setup a surgery center to deliver the highest-quality TJR outcome
- What anesthesia and pain management protocols minimize/avoid opioids
- Why physicians without a financial stake in an ASC can still enjoy the benefits of the outpatient setting
Chris Bishop, CEO, Regent Surgical Health
Dr. Jim Ballard, Partner and Surgeon, Oregon Surgical Institute
Dr. Chris Nanson, Partner and Surgeon, Oregon Surgical Institute