Beyond price transparency: How to harness patients' financial profiles to drive satisfaction and boost the bottom line
Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
In healthcare settings across the country, clinicians seek to obtain a complete history, exam and diagnostic workup before treating the patient. No clinician would develop a treatment plan without understanding the individual patient's medical history.
Yet, when it comes to billing, every encounter walks through the same assembly line that ultimately leads to the patient receiving a bill. Only when we hear from the patient (which is rare) do we begin to ask about his or her financial situation.
What if we completed a financial diagnostic of the patient prior to sending the bill? How might patient-centric workflows and an understanding of the patient's behavioral economics improve net collections?
Learn how innovative tools are generating patient and payer profiles and harnessing the knowledge of consumer spending habits at the individual patient level to realize higher net collections with greater patient satisfaction.
After this program, you will be able to…
- Assess your organization's ability to respond to an increasing uninsured population
- Learn how to leverage automatically screening of patients for insurance coverage prior to the billing process
- Identify the best opportunities to intelligently segment your self-pay population and move beyond propensity to pay
- Discover the benefits of conducting presumptive charity screening for patient responsibility
- Explore innovative solutions to positively shift your payer mix and increase your average patient collection
- Describe the benefits and risks associated with the newest financial innovations