Clinical inventory management amid COVID-19: How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness
Subjectivity can be counterproductive in a crisis. This spring, health systems scrambled to set up COVID-19 command centers, expand hospital capacity and ensure they had enough medical equipment to care for an influx of patients. For many healthcare leaders, the experience underscored the need for more objective data on their medical device inventories to better understand equipment volume, location and utilization.
In August, Becker's Hospital Review and TRIMEDX convened an advisory call with hospital executives to discuss how their organizations are managing their medical device inventories during the pandemic.
Organizations represented on the call were:
• Norfolk, Va.-based Sentara Healthcare
• Northwest Texas Healthcare System in Amarillo
• Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Healthcare
• Mountain View, Calif.-based El Camino Health
• Alamogordo, N.M.-based Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Download the e-book for key takeaways from the discussion.