Negative pressure wound therapy advancements are life-changing for chronic wound patients
More than 6 million Americans suffer from chronic wounds and the problem isn't going away. Pain can become a vicious cycle for patients, leading to stress and anxiety, which can stall healing.
Becker's Hospital Review spoke with two wound care experts about advances in negative pressure wound therapy and how these innovations may help dramatically improve both clinical outcomes and the patient experience:
- Amanda Loney, BScN, RN, wound, ostomy and continence consultant, Bayshore Home Care Solutions, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Abbé Benoit, BSN, RN, clinical resource specialist, Smith+Nephew
- How pain has a direct effect on the healing process
- How to determine when negative pressure wound therapy is appropriate
- How negative pressure wound therapy solutions can help to improve the patient experience
- How best practices can include use of both traditional and single use negative pressure wound therapy
Please fill out the form to download the whitepaper.