Disrupting Healthcare’s Legacy Approach to Staffing
How collaborative methodologies can lead to improved outcomes and a healthier bottom line
Thursday, March 24, 2016 | 12:00PM -1:00PM CST
Innovative leaders in industries outside healthcare have been reaping the rewards of revolutionary new approaches to staffing and scheduling—and it’s past time for healthcare organizations to follow suit. Healthcare reform has forced this industry to reinvent in myriad ways, and now it’s more important than ever to apply new approaches to staff scheduling for bigger returns on patient satisfaction, staff engagement, and the bottom line.
Fortunately, there is a way for healthcare to leverage modern innovations to improve the efficacy, productivity, and cost-effectiveness of staff management: a model we call Collaborative Staffing. Sage Growth Partners will share findings from their recent analysis, which details the power of this new staffing paradigm and how it benefits hospitals, healthcare staff, and, ultimately, patients.
Hear nursing executives from Roper St. Francis share the real-world benefits of Collaborative Staffing, and learn the research behind how this innovative methodology allows you to optimize financial and clinical performance as measured by the following KPIs:
- Reducing overtime costs
- Minimizing contingent labor use
- Heightening utilization of internal staff (core and flex)
- Enhancing system-wide optimization and resource sharing
Key Learning Points:
- Hear how Collaborative Staffing helps Roper Saint Francis optimize human capital and minimize labor spend by empowering and engaging staff
- See how cooperative open shift management controls costs, reduces turnover, and increases engagement to foster a safe, high quality, patient-centered environment.
- Understand the unintended consequences of conventional staffing methods on medical errors, staff turnover, labor costs, patient outcomes, and more
- Learn the best-practice, evidence-based methodology that more effectively aligns supply (staff) with demand (patient coverage) in a way that optimizes both staff preferences and organizational needs
By submitting your information you agree that it may be shared with API Healthcare.