Enhancing diabetes care with technology: Key strategies from Emory University and Grady Health System
Thursday, March 25th, 2021 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
The COVID-19 pandemic forced many hospitals to rapidly upgrade their processes, including in the realm of diabetes technology. Innovative changes in glycemic management programs have helped improve the care of critically ill patients, and have prompted discussions on technology's future role in diabetes care.
Join Francisco Pasquel, MD, MPH, from Emory University and Grady Health System and Jordan Messler, MD, SFHM, FACP, from Glytec, for real-world insight on how Grady Memorial Hospital accelerated changes in glycemic management during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how it's prepared them for the future.
In this session, speakers will discuss:
- Tactical application for driving hospital change
- Using technology to drive practice change and improve patient safety
- Strategies used to create buy-in for new technology and practice changes
- The team-based culture needed to support rapid change
- The future of diabetes technology in the hospital
Francisco Pasquel, MD, MPH
Grady Health System
Jordan Messler, MD, SFHM, FACP
Executive Director, Clinical Practice with Glytec