Exploring 5 Trends in Gastroenterology
Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 | 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT
Most gastroenterologists are still independent practitioners, with 42.8 percent being in office-based single-specialty gastroenterology groups, according to Medscape's Gastroenterologist Compensation Report 2019.
Gastroenterology is an appealing specialty in the outpatient and independent spaces, evolving to thrive amid decreasing reimbursement and disruption from colonoscopy alternatives. Over the past 18 months, the space has seen consolidation and private equity investors are just beginning to target gastroenterology. How this new investment will affect the specialty remains to be seen.
Join us for a fascinating webinar that will look at trends including:
- The future sustainability of independent gastroenterologists
- Colonoscopy alternatives and colorectal cancer
- Decreased Medicare reimbursement and its effects
- The future of gastroenterology
- David E. Rivadeneira, MD, MBA, FACS, FASCRS, Professor of Surgery, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell; Vice Chair of Surgical Strategic Initiatives, Northwell Health; Director of Colorectal Surgery & Surgical Services, Huntington Hospital
- Imran Sheikh, MD, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Advanced Endoscopy, Baylor Scott & White Digestive Diseases Group, Garland, TX
- Barry Tanner, Chief Executive Officer, Physicians Endoscopy
- Scott Becker, JD, CPA, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP; Publisher, Becker's Healthcare
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, please register and the recording will be emailed directly to you following the live webinar.