Get the Point about Safe Injections
Thursday, June 16, 2016 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm CDT
Injection safety should be a part of everyday patient care. Unsafe injections have been a concern of the CDC and SIPC for some time. Even though a large scale promotion of safe injection practices has not been a recent push, there continues to be interest around this topic. As the delivery sites for patient care change, our techniques for safe injection practices should continue to be aligned with care. This webinar will cover some recent information around unsafe injection practices and provide insight into best practices.
- Define safe injection and other basic infection control practices, and be able to recognize and correct unsafe practices
- Describe the potential consequences of unsafe injection practices
- Understand the basic mechanisms of infectious agent transmission via unsafe injection practices
- Highlight best practices when performing point of care testing to reduce the risk of transmitting bloodborne pathogens
- Understand the need for monitoring healthcare personnel practices in your facility relating to injection safety and basic infection control