Healthcare Turnover – The Cost, the Causes, and a Sustainable Solution
Thursday, September 8, 2016 | 12:00pm - 1:15pm CT
While most organizations measure turnover and try to improve it, many don’t really understand its cost or causes, and fewer still take a holistic, effective approach to attracting and retaining the best talent, at every level of the organization.
This interactive panel discussion will explore turnover from multiple perspectives. HR leaders from two of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health systems and an expert in hiring, selection, and turnover will discuss the cost of turnover and the ROI of improving retention, the issues and variables that drive turnover, and their impact on broader organizational goals. After exploring what really goes into understanding turnover, the panel will share what they’ve learned about what works, what doesn’t, and an approach to the problem that can be tailored to your situation – and that can be sustained.
- Understand healthcare’s unique talent strategies that impact turnover.
- Understand how to calculate the cost of turnover in order to demonstrate the ROI of talent strategies and tools.
- Understand how to evaluate the underlying, often complex, cause of turnover, at all levels of the organization.
- Understand the role of turnover in larger organizational and cultural issues and challenges.
- Understand how to take a coordinated, comprehensive approach for reducing turnover and, perhaps more importantly, build an organizational culture that values people and progressive, proven, talent strategies.
- Understand how to tailor solutions to their unique situation and to deploy strategies that are sustainable.