How specialty pharmacy plays a role in creating sustainable health system-health plan collaboration
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CT
Health systems and payers agree that specialty pharmacy represents one of the greatest challenges – and opportunities – facing our healthcare system today. Why then aren’t they working together to enhance value for patients and their organizations?
In this presentation, Andy Pulvermacher, principal consultant at Blue Fin Group, and Jerry Buller, chief pharmacy officer at Trellis Rx, will share the results of recent research highlighting significant differences between payers’ and health systems’ perceptions of the role health system specialty pharmacies can play in improving patient outcomes and reducing cost-of-care.
Session insights will include:
- Payer perceptions about health system specialty pharmacies
- Health system perceptions about payers’ specialty pharmacies and their associated interests
- Areas of common ground between health systems and payers
- Strategies health systems can use to build specialty pharmacy partnerships with payers
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the obstacles preventing payer and health system alignment around specialty pharmacy services
- Identify health system and payer biases toward health system specialty pharmacies
- Evaluate common ground upon which health systems and payers can establish specialty pharmacy-related dialogue and alignment
- Define the metrics to prove the value of health system specialty pharmacy to payers
- Describe steps health systems can take to build specialty pharmacy partnerships with payers
Principal Consultant, Blue Fin Group