Infection Control Plan: Maintaining Compliance with the CMS Conditions for Coverage with the ASC Infection Control PlanTuesday, September 1, 2015 | 1:00PM CDT (2:00PM EDT)
Participants will explore the role and responsibilities of the Infection Control Professional to comply with accreditation standards and regulatory authorities. Participants will examine internal and external reporting methods and requirements via the National Health and Safety Network (NHSN).
- Describe components of an Infection Control (IC) Plan.
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of an IC Nurse Preventionist (ICP).
- Identify top infection control focus areas during regulatory and accreditation surveys.
- Examine internal and external reporting requirements for the ambulatory surgery center related to your IC plan.
- Explore 10 elements of a well-integrated infection control program that meets CMS and accreditation requirements.
- Examine the ICP role and position responsibilities and expectations from regulatory authorities and accreditation agencies.
- Share recent IC regulatory and accreditation survey focus areas
- Explore how to prepare and report internal and external infection control outcomes and processes, including mandatory reporting to the NHSN.