Innovations in Surgical Documentation
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 | 12:00 - 1:00 PM CT
The shift to value-based care is increasing the pressure to deliver timely, accurate and compliant clinical documentation. For hospitals and healthcare systems, documentation inaccuracies and delays in surgical procedure notes and operative reports can put physician and institutional quality profiles at risk. Simultaneously, evolving clinical documentation guidelines make it more challenging for surgeons to capture and code the complete patient story than ever before.
During the webinar hear two surgeons share strategies and innovations in surgical documentation, including how to:
- Overcome unique administrative challenges surgeons face in documenting accurately each patient encounter.
- Make sense of current concepts and terminology as it relates to coding and clinical documentation improvement in surgical procedure notes in the surgery care setting.
- Utilize computer-assisted physician documentation technologies and tools to streamline surgical clinical documentation and coding processes to drive improved clinician satisfaction, efficiency, quality and health system reimbursement.
- Mercedes Dullum, M.D. Regional Medical Director, Nuance, and a thoracic and cardiac surgeon
- Lucian Newman, Jr. M.D.,F.A.C.S, Chief Medical Officer, Vincari and practicing general surgeon