Microsurgery of the Cervical Spine: Advantages for the Patient and Surgeon
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 | 3:00pm - 4:00pm CT
We will discuss ways in which using the microscope for everything from exposure to instrumentation to closure can be improved using the microscope. Some new techniques for exposing the posterior cervical spine will be demonstrated, along with techniques for doing minimally invasive anterior procedures and maximally invasive anterior decompressions.
Dr. Riew will discuss...
- Minimal muscle-trauma and minimal blood loss posterior neck dissections
- Anterior uncinate decompressions with and without fusion
- Advantages of the microscope in performing these procedures
- Improved clinical outcomes - Less blood loss, fewer complications
- Positive impact for the doctor: Ergonomics, surgeon body positioning and longevity, financial
- Education and staff training, OR efficiencies