Pressure injury stress on staff? The latest prevention guidelines promote technology that could help
Staffing challenges mean it’s increasingly difficult to maintain on-time patient turning and prevent pressure injuries. Fortunately, the latest guidelines detail recommended prevention protocols and promote new technology that can remind staff of turning times.
In this paper, see:
- Highlights of the guidelines in an easy-to-read format.
- A comparison between auditory cueing and wireless patient monitoring technology.
- A case study showing how wireless patient monitoring improved efficiency for nursing staff and significantly reduced HAPI incidence in a 145-bed general hospital.
The first patient monitoring system designed to aid pressure injury prevention protocols is the LEAF◊ Patient Monitoring System, which combines wearable patient sensors with a user interface, offering:
- Personalized care for each patient
- Digital turn reminders (in room and at the nurses’ station)
- Confirmation that patient turns have sufficiently offloaded pressure
- Automatically generated reports
Please fill out the form to download the whitepaper.