Redesigning Acute Pain Management to Provide Quality Patient Care
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm CST
The opioid epidemic has created the need for us to refocus how we treat Acute and Chronic Pain. Numerous societies and current evidence-based literature support multimodal analgesia as a foundation for pain management in order to optimize patient care and decrease potential for adverse events. This webinar will discuss how development of a Pain Stewardship Committee to oversee patient care can assist in achieving these outcomes.
- Describe the challenges of the current opioid epidemic as they pertain to the changing paradigm of patient care following the Affordable Care Act
- Identify the potential adverse patient outcomes created with utilization of opioids as the foundation of acute pain management.
- Understand the benefit of adopting multimodal analgesia as the optimal therapy to treat acute pain and acknowledge the numerous medical societies, practice guidelines, and regulatory agencies who endorse this practice.
- Explain initial step-wise approach to create a Pain Stewardship Committee/Program and identify available resources to support this initiative
- Describe PCP pain management Issues and understand the value of development of Patient Care Plans