SHOCKED! Do You Have Electrical Strays in Your Trays?
Thursday, May 16th, 2019 | 2:00pm - 3:00pm CT
Join Cheron Rojo and Seth Hendee as they take you through how to identify the dangers of damaged insulated devices and devices. They will go over best practices for safety recommendations for testing and prevention.
- Review the FDA’s issued warning letter released in November 2018 on the Safety Communication on the dangers of monopolar laparoscopic surgery
- Identify the different ways insulated instrumentation and devices become damaged
- Review AORN recommendations for insulation testing
- Discuss lawsuits from electrical strays for damaged insulated instrumentation and devices
- Describe solutions to preventing surgical burns caused by insulation failures
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, please register and the recording will be emailed directly to you following the live webinar.