The New Conversation on Cost
Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 | 12:00PM - 1:00PM CDT
Everyone agrees that as the healthcare industry migrates toward a value-based payment system, with risk-based models like bundled payments gaining speed, it is vital for hospitals and health systems to reduce costs. The ‘elephant in the room’ however, is how do you reduce costs if you don’t know what your costs are to start with?
While physicians aren’t traditionally focused on cost, they do care about reducing it. And they do agree that providing cost data is the key.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- Why the topic of cost accounting is so confusing and the steps you can take to implement a successful cost reduction strategy that will enable you to take out costs out on an on-going basis
- Why cost data must be shared among clinicians and physicians, and how you can create an atmosphere of collaboration and inclusion
- How having access to accurate cost data can help you:
- Identify opportunities to streamline administrative processes and understand labor costs
- Compare/reduce unnecessary variation in cost per case per physician
- Better analyze the cost to care for patient populations
- Negotiate more favorable contracts with payers