The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Physician and Organizational Success – A Panel Discussion
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 | 12:00PM - 1:15PM CST
What is emotional intelligence? What’s its role in facing today’s healthcare challenges? Join our distinguished panel for an interactive discussion about how emotional intelligence impacts patients, organizational success, and physician career success. More importantly, they’ll discuss practical lessons and recommendations about how to augment your current efforts with healthcare-specific emotional intelligence tools and strategies.
Attendees will learn:
- What is emotional intelligence and what is its role in healthcare?
- About EQ’s role in physician-hospital relationships
- About new behavioral expectations of physicians and physician leaders
- How to move physicians from a traditional, authoritative approach to a collaborative, team-based approach.
- How to measure emotional intelligence in a healthcare context and to incorporate it into training and development in a practical and meaningful way.