Transforming the trauma performance improvement program at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Following a regularly scheduled trauma site survey in early 2019, the survey team identified critical deficiencies in Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital’s Level II trauma program performance improvement (PI) processes. Failure to perform adequate primary and secondary case review as well as missed opportunities for loop closure and feedback to providers, led to a failure to improve care for the benefit of future patients. Philips led an interim leadership and performance improvement consulting engagement to develop a comprehensive corrective action plan that improved performance to meet state trauma designation standards.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- How performance improvement impacts the state designation process
- How to identify critical deficiencies in a trauma program to avoid site survey failure
- How to avoid the fallout after a change in nurse leadership
- Mauricio (Tony) Escobar, Jr., MD, FACS, FAAP Pediatric Surgery Medical Director, Pediatric Trauma Medical Director, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
- Jennifer Brown, MSN, BHA, RN-BC, CNL, NEA-BC, Interim Trauma Program Manager, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, Consultant, Philips
- Angela Chisolm, MBA/HCM, BSN, RN, CFRN, TCRN, Consulting Manager, Trauma Service Line, Philips
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, please register so that you can access the on-demand version.